Thursday, March 6, 2008

ok so today

today, was kind of a typical Thursday were I woke up late and then watched TV and randomly looked at stuff online. I didn't really feel like doing in school work. even tho i probably should. Tomorrow. I guess. So I tried to make steps in the job pursuit by calling Walmart and IHSS, but both of them aren't hiring until later. So I think I need to look elsewhere. Any suggestions on where to look? I reapplied for Hollywood Video too. I am not sure if I wanna stay in Redding all summer. it gets really hot and it will kinda suck. I need to be on my own tho. I am 23 years old and living with my parents this summer-- is not the ideal situation. I am excited to go home for Easter that will be fun. I haven't been home since January 5th. I think it is the longest that I have gone without going home. And last time I saw my parents was at graduation on Jan. 12th. so it has been awhile. I am looking forward to it. Ok later. I hope people actually read this.

1 comment:

jimmy said...

Hi Darla. I posted the following response to your comment on my blog. Could you think through the questions and reply back at my blog? That would be uber cool!

"Hi Darla, it's good to hear from you. I'm glad things are going well for you in Redding. Can I ask you a follow up question? How do you define "relevant"? What about your church's service makes it relevant, and what about it makes you feel more connected? Is it the style of the teaching, or the music, or is it the substance of the message? I'm intrigued. Whenever I hear about young people that are really connecting with church I want to find out why so that I can learn from it. I look forward to your response.

grace and peace, jimmy"

p.s. I've heard that Starbucks is a killer place to work for. Medical benefits kick in even if you only work part time. take care, jimmy