Sunday, September 14, 2008

welcome to Redding

Well I made it to Redding. Safe and sound with a roof over my head. It was a little crazy trying to look for a place to live. I tried the whole search on craigslist thing and I came across an amazing house with a pool and everything. And I really wanted to live there and I got turned down for a girl that lives in New Zealand that is going to Bethel. Okay? And she had never even been there and my mom and I drove 4 hours to see the place. crazy? and then we went to Simpson and looked at postings on the board in the mailroom. And we called one on a whim and showed up at her door 10 minutes later. This girl named Beth with 2 dogs in a small townhouse. But i wanted to look some more so I called other numbers and later that week I made a 2nd trip to Redding to view two more places. And I really liked one of them. Seemed like I could fit in with these girls but I guess they didn't seem to think that I could fit in with them. :( So I called Beth whose place that I saw earlier in the week. And she said "yes". woo just in time. A week before school started. So I moved in on September 1st. It has been pretty cool here so far. Cool roommate. cool dogs. Beth and I have been going to the Stirring the last 2 weeks. Wow this is what I was missing. I missed church so much. I went over 3 months without any church or God connection. I still prayed sometimes but I was involved in other things that were holding me back from really connecting with God. Parties are fun for a moment and they sucked me in for sure. But there was no real fulfillment. The single life was a life were I was just waiting for the next hook up to keep me satisified. I had to get so drunk that I would just hook up with anyone. I was drowning. I kinda feel like moving to Redding saved me. And even when I do go back home and hang out with those friends, I feel like I can be a stronger person. Because without that connection with God, I am nothing. I don't even feel like I need a guy right now. It is kinda lonely. I mean I was in a relationship for a long time so I got used to having someone. But right now I am focusing my energy on God and not the fun that the world offers. (Hopefully this attitude will last through the week. it is Sunday. doubt always enters)
Darla

No comments: